Welcome to your new guild site! This post is meant to introduce you to some of the features and customization options you have on this site. You can add new posts using the "Add a Post" button at the top of the page. If you are a guild administrator, you can delete this post from your Control Panel.
To help you get started, here are just some of the features that you should make sure to try out. You can enable each of these features from your Control Panel.
- Guild Recruitment is an extremely useful tool for advertising to visitors that you are looking for new members. In addition, if you enable recruitment, your guild will appear in the WowStead Guild Recruitment Tool, where users can easily find information about your recruiting needs.
- To enable recruitment, first make sure the the 'Guild Recruitment' module is enabled from the General Settings page of the Control Panel. After enabling the module, go to the Recruitment page of the Control Panel. You'll find this link in the 'Site Features' section. From this page simply check the 'Currently Recruiting' checkbox and click the 'Save' button.
- To enable the calendar, first make sure the module is enabled from the General Settings page of the Control Panel. Then go to the Calendar page of the Control Panel.
- On this page, you can create new calendar events by selecting the 'New Events' button at the top of the page. You can also sync your guild calendar with a character's in-game calendar by using the WowArmory's calendar feed tool. To do so, simply follow the instructions below the calendar.
- Wowstead allows you to easily download commonly used addons directly from your guild site! To enable this, make sure the module from the General Settings page of the Control Panel. Then go to the Addons page of the Control Panel.
- WowStead's progression tool allows site visitors to see your guild's progress in an easily summarized fashion.
Customizing Your Site
Even though Wowstead requires very little initial setup, you are still given a number of powerful tools to personalize and customize your guild site.
Wowstead Content Management System (CMS)
The Wowstead CMS is an incredibly powerful tool that lets you create pages, posts, FAQs, galleries and other content for your site.
You can access the CMS by going to the control panel and accessing the control pages under "News & Media".
Layout, Theme & Widget Placement
- You can easily change your site's layout, theme and widget placement by going to the Customize Site page of the Control Page in the 'Site Configuration' section.
Guild Permissions and User Groups
To rename your guild ranks, simply go to the User Groups page of the control panel, in the 'Guild Management' section.
- Wowstead can detect the number of active ranks in your guild. The ranks are defaulted to Guild Master (Rank 0) and Rank 1 through Rank 9 - where Rank 1 is the highest and Rank 9 is the lowest. You can determine what site permissions a rank has using the Edit Permissions button to the right of a given rank. Users will be automatically granted site permissions based on the in-game rank of their character.
- You can create custom user groups using the "Create a new group" button in the upper right of the Custom User Groups section. Custom user groups can be used to assign privilege to guild members in addition to their rank-based automatic user group permissions.
- You can edit your site's navigation menu by going to the Navigation page of the Control Panel, in the 'Site Configuration' section. Here, you can create and edit navigation links, or restrict them to certain guild ranks and create new links.